An iced version of an Indian classic!
- 1 c Water
- 2 Cardamom Pods
- 2 Cloves
- 8 whole Peppercorns
- 1/2 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 tsp Freshly Crushed Ginger
- 1 tbsp Sweetened Condensed Milk (to taste)
- 1 Black Tea Bag
- Milk of Choice (I like soy vanilla milk)
- Begin by boiling your water. While its heating up, crush your cardamom pods, cloves, peppercorns, and cinnamon stick in a spice grinder or with a mortar and pestle.
- Add this spice blend to your water along with your fresh ginger and let the mixture boil for a few minutes before adding in your tea. Let the mixture reduce.
- Break open your tea bag (or use tea powder) and pour it into the water and let it boil for another 2 minutes.
- Make sure you don't boil it with the tea for too long because otherwise your concentrate will turn out bitter. I was left with about 1/4c of concentrate after I was finished boiling my mixture.
- Remove your mixture from heat and strain it with a sieve.
- Mix the concentrate with condensed milk until it is completely dissolved.
- Pour this mixture over ice, add your favorite milk, and serve! I like using soy vanilla milk.
Leave a Reply