- 1 c red onion
- 2 c green cabbage
- 2 c red cabbage
- 1 c shredded carrot
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp soy sauce + 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 1/2 package of extra firm tofu (crumbled)
- 1 tbsp soy
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp sriracha
- green onions for garnish
- store bought dumpling wrappers*
- Sauté onions in canola oil until translucent and then add in garlic and ginger.
- Sauté for another 30 seconds or so and then add in all veggies. Cook until they begin to wilt and then add in soy sauce, rice vinegar, salt, and sriracha.
- Note: Make sure to keep heat on high throughout this stir fry process because the veggies will release a lot of water.
- At this point I like to add my crumbled up tofu so the veggies have a chance to absorb the soy etc. without the tofu soaking up too much. (But if you would like you can add it earlier along with the veggies. Or another option is to bake the tofu and cut it up into tiny pieces. One brick of tofu can be baked at 350 for 30 minutes for the perfect consistency.)
- Cook until all veggies are wilted and set mixture aside to cool.
- Place a small amount of filling inside each dumpling wrapper, and trace your finger with some water around the edges. Fold the dumpling wrapper into a semi circle and press the edges firmly. Steam for 6-8 minutes.
- For the sauce, simply mix all ingredients and garnish with green onions. .
Incredible! Super easy to make and they turned out so delicious! My whole family loved them so much!!!