Samosa Puff Pastry Bites
A fresh twist on an Indian street food classic!
- Small gold potato (~130g)
- Peas to taste/preference
- 1/4 c Red onion
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp coriander powder
- 1/8 tsp Haldi
- 1/8 tsp Amchur
- 1/8 tsp Garam masala
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 Sheet of Pepperidge Farms pastry dough
- 2 tbsp Oil
- A few tbsps of water (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Boil/microwave your potatoes until they are cooked thoroughly and break up the potatoes with a fork. Make sure you don’t mash them up too much because we still want some chunks of potatoes in our mixture.
- In a pan, heat up your oil on a medium heat and then add in your cumin seeds. Sauteé for about 20 – 30 seconds.
- Add in your red onions, and sauté until they are translucent.
- Add in the rest of your spices except for the salt,
- Add in your potatoes and peas, and if needed, a few tbsp of water, to prevent the mixture from drying out.
- Now add in your salt.
- Cut up your puff pastry sheet into 6 evenly sized rectangular pieces and roll each piece into a cone. Seal the edge of your cone with some water and press firmly.
- Fill your cone with the potato stuffing you just made, and then close off the bottom of the cone, once again using water to seal off the edges.
- Pop your samosas into the oven for about 22 minutes.
Leave a Reply