Cheesy Paneer Momos
- 2.5 c roughly chopped cabbage (red and green mixed)
- 2 c shredded paneer
- 1/4 c scallions
- 3/4 c shredded cheese (I used nacho cheese blend)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp soy
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 3/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 2 tbsp oil .
- 1 large Roma tomato
- 10 dried red chilies
- 1.5 – 2 c water
- 3/4 tsp ginger powder
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp soy
- 3/4 tsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp sriracha
- Sauté your scallions in oil for 30 seconds before adding in your ginger and garlic, and then sauté another 30 seconds:m.
- Add in your cabbage and paneer and sauté for a couple of minutes so that the veggies start to wilt.
- Add in all spices, soy, rice vinegar, and sriracha and cook until veggies are completely wilted and there is no moisture left in the mixture
- Note: water will start releasing from the veggies so make sure your heat is on high when you are stir frying
- Transfer to a bowl and mix cheese shreds into the mixture. You can use anywhere between 1/2c and one full cup of cheese depending on your preference.
- Wet the edges of your wonton wrappers with water (I used store bought ones for this recipe) and place a small amount of filling in the center. Pinch the four corners of the wonton wrapper together at the center and then firmly press and twist to get your desired shape.
- Steam for about 8 minutes and then serve. .
- Boil tomatoes and dried chilies in water for 20 minutes in a pot. Make sure to keep the pot covered with a lid and simmer it on a medium heat. Keep checking the mixture throughout because you don’t want it to dry up too much and burn! At the end of the 20 minutes almost all of the water should have evaporated but nothing should be sticking to the pan.
- Let the mixture cool and transfer it to a food processor and blend into a fine paste.
- In a skillet heat up your oil and add your spices. Sauté for a quick 20 seconds before adding in soy, sriracha, and rice vinegar. Sauté another 20-30 seconds and then add in your tomato and red chili mixture.