Peanut Butter Garlic Noodles
- 1/4 c hot water
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tsp sriracha (or to taste)
- red chili flakes (to taste)
- 2 tbsp soy
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 packet of ramen
- a few extra tbsps of water (as needed)
- Trader Joe's Everything But the Bagel Seasoning (optional)
- green onions (for garnish)
- In a bowl, mix your hot water with your peanut butter to emulsify. This will make it easier for the peanut butter to mix in with the other sauce ingredients.
- Next, add in your sriracha, soy sauce, rice vinegar, red chili flakes, and honey and mix together well.
- Cook one packet of ramen according to package instructions. (Usually takes under 5 minutes).
- While the noodles are cooking, sauté your garlic in oil on medium heat for about 20 seconds and add in about 1/2 of the sauce you made earlier (or to preference). I had about 1 full cup of sauce so I use half a cup per serving.
- Turn the heat to low, and cook the sauce for about a minute and then add in your noodles.
- You can also add some extra water to help the sauce emulsify further and coat the noodles a little easier.
- Finish by garnishing with green onions and TJ's Everything But the Bagel Seasoning! If you don't have that, you can use a combo of salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and sesame seeds (those are the main ingredients in the TJ's seasoning).