Vegan Pad Thai
Vegan Pad Thai Sauce
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp tamarind
- 1-2 tbsp hot water
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp red chili flakes (or to taste – this is 4/5 spicy)
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 1.5 tbsp oil (I like to use canola)
- 1/2 shallot
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- purple cabbage
- bean sprouts
- rice noodles
- baked tofu
- vegan eggs (I use the "Just Egg" brand)
- Begin by letting your tamarind soak in hot water. Before soaking it, i like to break it up into small pieces so it can get softened easier by the water.
- Prepare your sauce by mixing your soy sauce, lime juice, soaked tamarind and water, maple syrup, sriracha, and red chili flakes in a bowl.
- Cook your rice noodles according to package instructions – you can boil or soak them.
- Sauté your shallots and garlic in oil for about a minute or two and then add in all of your tofu and veggies (I like to use carrots, bean sprouts, and red cabbage).
- Stir fry the veggies and tofu for a couple of minutes and push all of the veggies to one side of your pan. In the other half of your pan, you can cook your vegan eggs! Just scramble them until you get your desired texture – this should only take a minute or two and then you can mix the egg in with your veggies.
- Add in your sauce and noodles and cook until the noodles absorb the sauce.
- Top with more fresh bean sprouts, cabbage, peanuts, and cilantro, and enjoy!