- 2 c all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp carom seeds
- 4 tbsp canola oil
- 2/3 c water (approximately)
- 500 g gold potatoes
- 1-2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 3/4 tsp coriander powder
- peas (to taste)
- 1/3 c red onions
- green chilies (to taste)
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp mango powder
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- salt (to taste)
- water (optional)
- cilantro (to taste)
- oil (for deep frying)
- Mix your flour, salt, and carom seeds together.
- Add in oil and mix in with the flour mixture using your hand. Doing this step will add flakiness to the dough.
- Slowly add in water little by little. Make sure the water is nice and cold.
- Knead into a firm dough and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Split up dough and roll it into circles. Cut each circle into halves and then roll these halves into cones.
- Use water to wet the edges and close the cones off.
Filling + Assembly
- Peel and boil (or microwave) your potatoes until they're cooked. Break apart and lightly mash (but don't mash all the way! we want chunks still).
- Heat up your oil in a skillet and sauté your cumin seeds for about 30 seconds before adding in your onions.
- Add in your onions and cook until translucent, and then add in green chillies and cook for another 30 seconds or so.
- Add in all spices and cook for another 30 seconds before adding in your potatoes.
- Add potatoes and water if the mixture gets too dry.
- Cook and mix gently until spices and potatoes are well combined. Fold in your peas and cilantro to preference.
- Add filling into your cones and close them off.
- Deep fry until crispy golden brown. (Start on a medium heat for about 5-6 minutes and then increase heat and cook until golden brown).