- 1/2 red onion
- 2 tbsp garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 tomato (large size)
- 2 green chillies (or to taste)
- 1-2 tbsp canola oil
- 3/4 head of green cabbage
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp kashmiri red chili powder
- 1-2 tsp fenugreek leaves
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp mango powder
- salt (to taste)
- fresh lime juice
- fresh cilantro (for garnish)
- Sauté your onions in your oil until translucent, and then add in your ginger and garlic.
- Sauté for another 30 seconds, and then add in all of your spices (except for salt). Sauté another 30 seconds before adding in your chopped tomatoes and green chillies.
- Now add your salt, and cook mixture for a few minutes on medium heat until the oil starts to separate from the spices.
- Add in your chopped cabbage and mix well. Cook until the cabbage is wilted and has soaked up all of the spices. You may need to add about a 1/4 c water to help the wilting process. Make sure to cover with a lid but keep checking on your cabbage periodically and mixing it each time.
- Serve with fresh lime juice and cilantro on top and eat with roti or on a bed of rice, and enjoy!