- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp gochugaru (coarse)
- 1 tbsp gochujang sauce (I use the chung jung one brand)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- rice cakes
- 1/3 c water
- Sauté your garlic in oil for 30 seconds and then add in your sauce ingredients: soy, sugar, gochujang, gochugaru, and water.
- Let the sauce thicken and the sugar dissolve.
- Cook rice cakes beforehand according to package instructions – I typically boil mine in hot water for about 3 minutes.
- Once the rice cakes are cooked, add them into the sauce. Then you're done!
- You can also add veggies to this recipe as well after the garlic and before you add the sauce in!