A fried milk dessert soaked in a sweet cardamom and rose sugar syrup.
- 4 C white granulated sugar
- 3 C water
- 4 pods of cardamom
- 10 Strings of saffron
- 1.5 Tbsp rose water
- 2 C Milk powder (Mava)
- 2 tsp desi ghee
- Pinch of baking soda
- 5 Tbsp sooji
- 2/3 C whole milk
- neutral oil for frying
- Combine sugar and water and heat on medium heat until dissolved. Then, add rose water, cardamom pods (lightly crushed) and saffron.
- Boil the sugar syrup for about 10-12 mins a set aside.
- Combine all gulab jamun ingredients and gently knead to create a dough.
- Roll the dough into little spheres. You should have enough for about 16.
- Fry your gulab jamun in a neutral oil on medium heat, making sure to constantly stir (otherwise the milk powder will burn). Fry until deep brown color.
- transfer gulab jamun into sugar syrup and cover. Refrigerate overnight and enjoy.
Leave a Reply