Creamy Tomato Soup
- 2 tbsp Butter (I used vegan earth balance butter)
- 1 c Yellow Onions chopped
- 2.5 tbsp Garlic chopped
- 1.5 tsp Dried Basil Leaves (Or a Handful of Fresh Basil Leaves)
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Dried Thyme
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Red Chili Flakes
- 28 oz San Marzano Tomatoes
- 14 oz Veggie Broth
- 1 c Water
- 1/3 c Evaporated Milk (Or heavy cream)
- Sauté your onions in butter until translucent.
- Add in garlic and cook for another minute or so, until fragrant.
- Add dried basil, oregano, thyme, and red chili flakes and cook for another 30 seconds to a minute.
- Add in your canned tomatoes, veggie broth, water, and salt, and let the mixture simmer for about 30 minutes on a low heat.
- Blend the mixture together with an immersion blender, and then add in your cream, mix well, and serve.