Gochujang Fire Noodles
- 1/2 a Shallot (sliced)
- 2 tbsp Garlic (finely chopped)
- 4 tbsp Gochujang Sauce (I used the Chung Jung One Brand which is a milder sauce rather than a strong paste)
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 3/4 tsp Red Chili Flakes
- 1 tbsp Corn Starch
- 1/4 c Water
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil
- Extra Firm Tofu
- Green Cabbage
- Green Onions (for garnish)
- Sesame Seeds (for garnish)
- Noodles (I used one serving of wei chuan low mein noodles)
- Press your tofu, cube it, and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Sauté your shallot in the canola oil on medium heat until translucent.
- Add chopped garlic and sauté for another minute or so.
- Add in your cabbage and sauté until it slightly wilts.
- Add in gochujang sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, and red chili flakes.
- Mix cornstarch in with the water and then add in this mixture to the sauce.
- Let the sauce simmer on low for a couple of minutes until it thickens.
- Add in baked tofu and any other toppings of choice, along with your noodles.
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.