More Recipes You’ll Love
- 1-2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp crushed ginger
- 1 green chili (jalapeno, serrano, or whatever you prefer)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 hefty pinch of hing
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1.5 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp amchur powder
- 1.5 tsp fenugreek leaves
- salt (to taste)
- 1/3 c crushed tomatoes (or two fresh tomatoes)
- fresh cilantro
- 3 gold potatoes
- 1 c water
- Sauté your cumin seeds in oil first and then add in your hing.
- Next, add in your red onions and cook until translucent.
- Then, add in your ginger and garlic and sauté for another 30 seconds before adding in all of your spices (except for the salt)
- Cook the spices for about a minute. Make sure to keep the heat on low or low-medium so the spices don't burn.
- Add in your crushed tomatoes, salt, and green chillies and cook for a few minutes until the oil starts to separate from the mixture.
- Peel and chop your potatoes and add them in as well along with about a cup of water.
- Let everything boil until the potatoes are cooked all the way through. You can also adjust the consistency as you like. You can serve this dish "dry" = "sookay." Or, you can add extra water and make it a curry.