Cold Spicy Peanut Noodles
Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 c water
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp regular soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp sriracha
- 1/2 c peanut butter
- 1/4 c honey (+2 tbsp)
- noodles of choice (I made mine with ramen)
- lots of chopped cucumber (about 1/3 of an english cucumber)
- scallions (about 1/5 of one scallion stalk)
- sesame seeds
- chili oil
- fresh lime
- In a bowl, combine all of your sauce ingredients: water, dark and light soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, sriracha, peanut butter, and honey.
- Whisk together vigorously until the ingredients are well-combined into a smooth sauce. Keep in mind, it will be on the thinner/runnier side!
- Prepare your noodles of choice according to package instructions. Udon, ramen, vermicelli, or any rice noodle would work great.
- Chop up your cucumbers and scallions.
- Once your noodles have cooled down, add a few tablespoons of the sauce on top of your noodles and mix well (but gently so you don't break the noodles). Add enough so your noodles are well coated.
- Add lots of fresh chopped cucumber and scallions on top as a garnish. Also, sprinkle on some sesame seeds and chili oil on top and add a lime wedge on the side before serving.