More Recipes You’ll Love
Rose Chai Latte
- 1 c Water
- 2 Cardamom Pods
- 2 Cloves
- 8 whole Peppercorns
- 1/2 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 tsp Freshly Crushed Ginger
- 1 Black Tea Bag
- Rose Syrup (to taste)
- Edible Dried Rose Petals (for garnish)
- Begin by boiling your water. While its heating up, crush your cardamom pods, cloves, peppercorns, and cinnamon stick in a spice grinder or with a mortar and pestle.
- Add this spice blend to your water along with your fresh ginger and let the mixture boil for a few minutes before adding in your tea. Let the mixture reduce until you get your desired concentration/consistency. (I'm usually left with around 1/4c of concentrate).
- Break open your tea bag (or use tea powder) and pour into the water and let it boil for another 2 minutes. Make sure not to over-steep the mixture or else it will turn bitter.
- Remove your mixture from heat, and strain it with a sieve.
- Boil your milk of choice and combine it with your concentrate and rose syrup to taste. The ratio of milk to concentrate to rose syrup is totally up to you!